What is a Hosted Buyer?
The Central European Tourism Summit is supported by an extensive hosted buyer program to ensure that all participants maximise their participation and network with the industry’s key decision makers and budget holders. Hosted Buyers are senior-level travel industry buyers with direct purchasing power. All buyers will have been qualified via the CETS Hosted Buyer application process. Once qualified and accepted, CETS will pay the travel and accommodation expenses to bring the buyers to you.
How many buyers?
Up to 400 buyers from 32 countries with 160 representing the long-haul sector and 240 short/medium haul will attend the Summit.
At no financial cost to the buyer, the program includes:
- Return transportation to Zagreb
- Ground transportation whilst in Zagreb
- Summit tickets
- City and facility tours
- Invitation to attend the Central European Tourism Awards Gala Dinner
Hosted buyer applications are open to outbound tour and travel agents in the following sectors and countries:
- Adventure and sports tourism
- Business tourism
- Culture tourism
- Cycling tourism
- Golf tourism
- Health tourism
- Leisure Tourism – Sun and sea
- Nautical tourism
- Rural and mountain tourism
- Wine and food tourism
- Bosnia & Herzegovina
- Czech Republic
- Hong Kong
- The Netherlands
Buyer Selection Criteria:
Applications will be reviewed and selected by CETS against the following qualification criteria:
- To qualify, the applicant must be able to demonstrate that they are a senior decision maker, and/or budget holder, who will actively promote tourism and deliver more tourists to Croatia and Central Europe
- Annual budget sending tourists overseas
- The potential for you delivering future business to CETS Partners
Should applications not meet all the requirements listed above, CETS reserves the right to offer selected components of the buyer programme only.
Commitment from a hosted buyer:
The terms and conditions of the CETS Hosted Buyer programme include that the qualified and registered Hosted Buyer will commit to the following:
- You agree to secure a minimum number of business appointments prior to the event taking place
- You agree to attend at least 10 meetings per day with exhibitors
- You agree to attend FAM tours during the event
- If you wish to cancel your attendance, you must do so in writing a minimum of 2 months prior to the event, otherwise a €1,250 cancellation fee will be charged.
- You understand that your presence at all CETS 2018 functions is mandatory.
- You understand that any changes that you wish to make (such as flights, accommodation, registration etc.) relating to your participation in CETS 2018 must be submitted in writing and confirmed by CET prior to the event and any charges incurred from any changes may be passed onto you.
- Any changes to the overall Hosted Buyer Programme package will be made CETS discretion and notified accordingly.
- You agree not to use your attendance at CETS for their own commercial purposes by trying to sell or offer your products or services to other event participants.
The Hosted Buyer Programme is restricted to one delegate per organisation.
What is included in the Hosted Buyer Package:
- Return economy flights to Zagreb (+ #)
- Single room accommodation in Zagreb (+)
- Registration for CETS Meeting Booking System
- Details of attending organisations such as service providers, tourism boards and media pre-summit
- Access to selected CETS Research Reports
- A copy of the CETS show guide containing contact details for attending organisations
- Access to all CETS seminars and workshops
- Entrance to all CETS networking events, including lunches, refreshment breaks and evening receptions, plus The Central European Tourism Awards (+)
- Access to a range of post event familiarisation tours with CETS stakeholders
(+) For Selected Buyers Only
(#) Subject to airline routes
Approved hosted buyers will receive a written confirmation from CETS 2018 of what is included in their package as per the above information and conditions
Please Note that the following Items are NOT INCLUDED in the hosted buyer programme:
- Travel insurance
- Food and drinks outside of the event programme
- Personal extras
Buyer Matching Software
Hosted Buyer meetings will be scheduled online utilising the CETS buyer matching software. Exhibitors and buyers alike will have access to the software from September 2018. Exhibitors may request appointments via the software and conversely, buyers may request meetings with exhibitors. All meetings take place on the exhibitors stand.